Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Oops and Updates!

Hmmm...

I see that I missed Friday. As soon as I noticed that, I feared that I had missed last Tuesday also, but, no, I showed up that day. Last week was spring break, but I did not intend to take as much time off from work as I did. I apologize for missing on Friday!

One of my big tasks for this past week was to make sure everything was okay to close down my web account from BU's CS department. Sad! Now the Atropos and Matchmaker applets are hosted on Wittenberg sites, and they seem to work just fine. Please let me know if you notice any problems with either of them, and I'll fix them immediately! (If you don't have Java enabled on your browser, there's not much I can do for you.)

I am expecting to get a copy of bOOLeO delivered soon! That game looks excellent! There is something very enticing about seeing game pieces in pictures and coming up with what you expect the rules to be before actually reading any.

I realize that of Atropos and Matchmaker listed above, I have only actually published (thesis not counting) about one of them. I have never submitted a paper about Matchmaker anywhere, though it might be a topic that could sneak in somewhere. Still, I am a bit loathe to do this until after I prove something concrete about the difficulty of the game. Either showing that it can be solved in polynomial time or finding a completeness result would be enough for me (I haven't worked on this game in a long time).

Is this legitimate? I've noticed that in some of my presentations, no one cares about solving the game, but are instead more interested in the origins and rules (and implementations) of the game. Perhaps it is more vital to get playable versions of games out and introduce them that way than to make sure something is known about them first.

No comments:

Post a Comment