Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Mentionables

A few nice things to note as we head into the weekend!

First, wouldn't it be nice to have all your board games played on an electronic surface? Apparently the iPad might be able to handle this task! I'm not sure whether this is entirely feasible for a few reasons, but it might be good for enforcing playing by the rules for many games.

Also, it's nice to see some engineering sites mentioning board games. In this Ars Technica article, the game Drakon is reviewed. I am a bit easily influenced; perhaps I should add this game to my collection! I wonder if they would ever review a bad game...

My papers didn't make it into FUN 2010, and it was so close to my wedding I couldn't otherwise attend. Sad! I wish I'd been around to hear about these papers!

On a very happy note, I am overjoyed by my students attitude in our games class. This week we learned Clobber, and I encouraged my students to try to work out a strategy based on symmetry. Every student was engaged trying to play this game well! Also, even though we are only in the second week, students have already begun selecting games for their final project. Very exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment